By Barbara Bacci Mirque
Eduardo Conrado, Chief Marketing Officer, Broadband Mobility Solutions, Motorola, regaled the crowd at ANA’s 2009 B2B conference with a marketing case study that was a primer about how to conduct B2B marketing and have a seat at the table as a growth driver. I watched as his colleagues furiously scribbled notes and nodded their heads in agreement as he spoke. Some key takeaways include:
- Work with the product groups at the start of ideation
- Evolve the marketing mix to go where the customers are
- Embed resources in all key areas early in the development cycle
- Have a single, comprehensive go to market strategy
- Start with the customer mindset
- Define solutions that address each segment’s needs
Tactically Eduardo addressed how Motorola activated social media to create an immersive digital experience. A final thought he left us with: B2B marketers should not think of themselves just as transaction drivers but as relationship drivers.
I know that I am going to use many of his learnings as I construct the ANA’s marketing plan. If you are an ANA member you can access the summary of his presentation at the ANA’s Marketing Insights Center. If you are a client side marketer who is not a member, shouldn’t you be? To find out how to join, click here.