By Will Waugh
I like to keep track of what ANA members are doing in the blogosphere. I get asked who's blogging all of the time by our members . Marketers' appearance in the online world plays an important role with consumers and end users that demand transparency in the companies they give their loyalty too. Thanks to PRWiki for keeping me up to date as more marketers are set to enter this space in 2007. A brief list:
- McDonald's VP of Corporate Social Responsibility hosts Open for Discussion focusing on what this major advertiser is giving back to the community
- Oracle has so many blogs that they actually have a directory of blogs
- Wells Fargo and their popular Guided by History blog
- Southwest's Nuts About Southwest is a perfect representation of their brand in the blogosphere
- Cisco's High Tech Policy blog
- Marriott's CEO Bill Marriott on a plethora of issues, including brands.
We are just scratching the surface here. There are many more marketers who have jumped in and jumped out. I expect to see more involvement here in the coming months/years as it gets harder and harder for marketers to communicate with their audiences.