By Will Waugh
When speaking with senior marketers of the ANA, I have been asked about blogs and their impact. Many have commented that they are "nice" and something they are interested in. Many times, I have been asked to send a list of blogs that would be relevant to what's important to them. Instead of culling down so many brilliant marketing blogs out there, I found some posts/blogs that focus directly on the CMO and the way they do business:
- First, the person who speaks with more CMOs than anybody, our chief Bob Liodice. Here is a recent post where he predicts what he expects for CMOs in 2007.
- Peter Kim of Forrester is doing an ongoing study of marketing organizations. His most recent post here on being a CMO.
- Note to CMO by Stephen Denny
- Marketing and media in the age of great cynicism from the former CMO magazine editor.
- Brand Autopsy, particularly the post on the 20 Common Mistakes of Eager Leaders
- Tom Peters blog on strategy
- Guy Kawasaki offers practical knowledge for business people, here is a post with a great list of marketing podcasts
- MarketingProfs Daily Fix has a ton of good stuff for all marketers, here is a great post on Setting Expectations for Marketing.
- Of course, my good man Eric Kintz who is a senior marketer talking about the issues that affect them, here on social media and organic search.
- Church of the Customer blog talks about what many CMOs continue to struggle with, word of mouth, customer insights and the world that is social media.